Privacy & Security
CW Solicitors Limited is a law firm in the UK offering a broad range of legal services to small and medium sized business and private individuals.
As an essential part of our business, we collect and manage client and non-client data. In doing so, we observe the UK data protection legislation and are committed to protecting and respecting clients’ and non-clients’ privacy and rights. Specifically, we act as a “Data Controller” in respect of the information gathered and processed by us.
In order that you are reliably informed about how we operate, we have developed this privacy notice (also known as a Fair Processing Notice or FPN), which describes the ways in which we collect, manage, store and share information about you. The privacy notice also provides you with information about how you can have control over the use of your data.
If you have any comments or queries regarding our use of your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at data protection @cwsolicitors.co.uk
Alternatively you can write to our Data Protection Officer at CW Solicitors Limited, Imperial Buildings, 38-40 Queen Elizabeth Road, Enniskillen, BT74 7BY.
What Information Do We Collect About You?
In general terms we seek to collect information about you so that we can:
- Administer our relationship with you, provide services and respond to enquiries.
- Ensure the billing of any procured services and obtain payment.
- Process and respond to any complaints.
- Enable us to meet our legal and other regulatory obligations imposed on us.
- Audit usage of our website.
The information we need for these purposes is known as your ”personal data”. This includes your name, home address, email address, telephone and other contact numbers and financial information. We collect this in a number of ways. For example, you provide this data to us directly online, over the telephone or when corresponding with us by letter.
We also process sensitive classes of information that includes:
- Physical or mental health issues.
- Racial or ethnic origin.
We will seek your permission if we need to record any of your sensitive personal data on our systems.
How We Will Use Your Information?
We use the data collected from you for specific purposes listed in the table below. Please note that this table also explains:
- The legal basis for processing your data, linked to each processing purpose;
- In what circumstances your data will be shared with a third party organisation.
|Purpose for processing data||Legal basis for processing data||Third party organisations with whom data is shared|
|To administer our relationship with you, provide services and respond to enquiries.||To meet the requirements of a contract.||None.|
|To ensure the billing of any procured services by you and obtain payment.||To meet the requirements of a contract.||Government VAT and tax inspectors, external auditors, internal auditors.|
|To process and respond to complaints.||To meet a legal obligation.||None.|
|To monitor and record information relating to the use of our services, to include our website.||To meet a legitimate interest in order to improve the services and experience and website for individuals.||Web service providers and cookie providers.|
|To conduct human resource administration to include assessing suitability, eligibility and/or fitness to work.||To fulfil contractual obligations this includes taking action before entering into a contract.||Disclosure and Barring Service.|
Under the terms of data protection legislation, you have the following rights as a result of using this website:
- Right To Be Informed
This privacy notice, together with our Cookies Policy, fulfils our obligation to tell you about the ways in which we use your information as a result of you using this website.
- Right To Access
You have the right to ask us for a copy of any personal data that we hold about you. This is known as a “Subject Access Request”. Except in exceptional circumstances (which we would discuss and agree with you in advance), you can obtain this information at no cost. We will send you a copy of the information within 30 days of your request.
To make Subject Access Request, please write to our Data Protection Officer at CW Solicitors Limited, Imperial Buildings, 38-40 Queen Elizabeth Road, Enniskillen, BT74 7BY.
- Right To Rectification
If any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate, you can either:
- Contact us on 028 6632 2615
- Contact our Data Protection Officer at CW Solicitors Limited, Imperial Buildings, 38-40 Queen Elizabeth Road, Enniskillen, BT74 7BY or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right To Be Forgotten (in certain circumstances)
- From 25 May 2018, you can ask that we erase all personal information that we hold about you. Where it is appropriate that we comply, your request will be fully actioned within 30 days. For further information, please contact 0370 1500 100 or alternatively, please contact our Data Protection Officer at CW Solicitors Limited, Imperial Buildings, 38-40 Queen Elizabeth Road, Enniskillen, BT74 7BY or via email at email@example.com.
- Right To Object
You have the right to object to:
- The continued use of your data for the purpose of direct marketing for which consent is identified as the lawful basis for processing i.e. you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- The continued use of your data for the purpose of direct marketing for which the lawful basis of processing is that it has been deemed legitimate.
- Right To Restrict Processing
If you wish us to restrict the use of your data because (i) you think it is inaccurate but this will take time to validate, (ii) you believe our data processing is unlawful but you do not want your data erased, (iii) you want us to retain your data in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, or (iv) you wish to object to the processing of your data, but we have yet to determine whether this is appropriate, please contact our Data Protection Officer at CW Solicitors Limited, Imperial Buildings, 38-40 Queen Elizabeth Road, Enniskillen, BT74 7BY or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right To Data Portability
If you would like to move, copy or transfer the electronic personal data that we hold about you to another organisation, please contact our Data Protection Officer at CW Solicitors Limited, Imperial Buildings, 38-40 Queen Elizabeth Road, Enniskillen, BT74 7BY or via email at email@example.com.
- Rights Related To Automated Decision-Making
If you would like to object to automated decision making without any individual involvement, and to the profiling of your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at CW Solicitors Limited, Imperial Buildings, 38-40 Queen Elizabeth Road, Enniskillen, BT74 7BY or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is The Processing Of Information Likely To Cause Individuals To Object Or Complain?
CW Solicitors Limited is not aware of any justifiable reasons that would constitute a legitimate reason for objecting or complaining about the way we process or control information.
How Long Will We Retain Information For?
CW Solicitors Limited will typically retain information for a period of ten years. This is due to regulatory reasons and to ensure our business records are adequate to maintain the requisite levels of insurance to protect our clients and non-clients.
None of the information that we collect process or store as a result of this website is transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes information that is exchanged with any third party organisation as described above.
Data Privacy and Security
At CW Solicitors Limited, we maintain a comprehensive data management work programme, which includes processes for ensuring that data protection is a key consideration of all new and existing IT systems that hold personal data. Where any concerns, risks or issues are identified, we conduct relevant impact assessments in order to determine any actions that are necessary to ensure optimum privacy.
We also maintain an active information security work programme which seeks to protect the availability, confidentiality and integrity of all physical and information assets. Specifically, this helps us to:
- Protect against potential breaches of confidentiality;
- Ensure all IT facilities are protected against damage, loss or misuse;
- Increase awareness and understanding of the requirements of information security, and the responsibility of our colleagues to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the information that they handle; and
- Ensure the optimum security of this website.
Location Tracking Via Our Website
Geo-location tracking, which shows us where you are in the UK, is not used on this website.
Questions and comments regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed, and should be sent to our Data Protection Officer at email at email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can write to our Data Protection Officer at CW Solicitors Limited, Imperial Buildings, 38-40 Queen Elizabeth Road, Enniskillen, BT74 7BY.You can also contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any concerns or complaints about the ways in which your personal data has been handled as a result of you using this website.
Alternatively, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office who may be contacted at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF or httpss://ico.org.uk.